Visit

Opening Time (for both Palazzina and Foresteria) 2021

 

 

From April 26th to November 1st: Monday - Sunday - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Special openings, on request, by writing to: foresteria@villavalmarana.com or by calling + 39 0444321803.

In addition to the seven frescoed rooms, visitors will find in the Foresteria a most remarkable book signed by its VIP guests from WWII onwards; old pictures, ancient clothes and china sets belonging to the family

It is also possible to visit on request the historic Wood with its Pagoda, recently open to the public.

Tickets

Adults: € 11,00

Historic park: € 4
Groups: (min. 15 people): € 9,00
Schools: € 5,00 (1 teacher every 15 students free)
Young people (12-25 years old): € 6,00
Disabeld people: free
Children under 12 years of age: free
Guides (accompanying the groups) : free
Disabled people + 1 person: € 7,00

Family ticket (entrance for 2 parents and 2 siblings 12-25) € 30

MULTIMEDIA KIT (smartguide + 3d room): € 4

Villa Valmarana ai Nani offers to groups or individuals the chance to book a guided tour in English, German or French to the whole complex.

 

The Ancient Wood and the Pagoda

The Foresteria encounters Villa la Rotonda at its bottom, with a wood of centuries-old holm oaks considered by some to be a "sacred wood": with its scents and silences, located in the countryside but adjacent to the city, it is an oasis of well-being embracing monuments, stories and traditions. The walk in the shade of the oaks guarding the statues and the ancient Pagoda is a beneficial break from everyday life, a moment of intimate contact with nature.

Descending from the Caffé terrace and passing by the Stable, you go through the gate : to the left of the statue, you'll find a white gravel walkway, lined with box trees and oleanders, leading to the small, collected, composite wood.

The path will lead you to the Pagoda. Certainly later than the Villas (1696/1720), probably the work of the architect Canegaro Negrin, it is entirely frescoed with sliding windows recessed into the walls and a large marble table in the center. It was a "folie", where the Valmarana family gathered to have tea. In front, now covered with grass, was the tennis court where Angelo and Paolo Valmarana played with friends.

Continuing, we arrive at the "chiesetta della Rotonda", once the private chapel of the Villa La Rotonda. The illustrious Canon Paolo Almerico died in 1589 leaving his property to his son Virgilio Bartolomeo with the obligation that he built a "honored chapel next to the Rotonda wing, in an appropriate place ..". The will of the testator was disregarded: in 1591 the Villa and all the land were sold to the Capra Counts. After a few years, Count Marzio Capra erected the current chapel far from the Villa, perhaps to avoid dangerous stylistic combinations with the Palladian Rotonda in front. .

The notarial deed from 1867 shows that the oratory becomes the property of Count Gaetano Valmarana.

For information on activities related to the wood and for booking events: foresteria@villavalmarana.com